FY 2012 CHIP Grant applications now being accepted
The City is accepting applications for the FY 2012 CHIP Grant. The new grant is in the amount of $500,000 and will cover the following activities:
- Private Owner Rehabilitation
- Home Repair
- Homeownership (Downpayment Assistance/Rehabilitation)
- Emergency Monthly Housing Assistance
For details of the above programs and to see whether you may be eligible, please read the Program Summary.
Residents which wish to apply for CHIP Grant funds must print and fill out the application in full.
The US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)'s policy on fair housing and equal opportunity may be found here.
Some of the major responsibilities of the Community Development Department include the following:
- Basic city planning activities, including liaison to the Brunswick City Planning Commission
- Brunswick's annual Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program
- Brunswick Town Center project
- Pearl and Center Road Corridor Plan
- The Updated Comprehensive Plan will provide Brunswick residents with a direction for future growth through the year 2020. A Comprehensive Plan is a vision for a community; the Plan looks to balance development, needed services, and community character to secure a high quality of life for all residents. This Plan will enable the City to have a policy guide and blueprint for future development that illustrates a commitment to the existing quality of life that residents now enjoy. The Plan was adopted by City Council on November 28, 2005, Ordinance No. 130-05. The Plan was prepared by Buffalo, New York consulting firm Peter J. Smith and Company, with assistance from a steering committee of Brunswick residents.