Over the past two years, the Brunswick Community Recreation and Fitness Center has undergone a series of updates and renovations to make your fitness experience more pleasant and fulfilling. Our updated Cybex fitness equipment keeps your workout challenging, while our renovated meetingfacilities offer a relaxing venue for your organization. Rec Center members enjoy all of the amenities of fitness programs, sporting events, swimming, concerts, community events and more.
For more information about our services, you can contact the Rec Center at 330-273-8000.
Safe Haven Winter Break program
Want to register your kids for the Safe Haven program during the upcoming holiday school vacation? Here's what you need to know:
- Register for the week of Christmas by 6 pm on Friday, December 12th.
- Register for the week of New Year's by 6 pm on Friday, December 19th.
- The Winter Break program is open weekdays from Dec. 22, 2014-Jan. 2, 2015, from 7:30 am-6:00 pm. (Closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.)
- Open to students from kindergarten through 8th grade.
- Lunch and two snacks are provided each full day of camp.
- Students will have the opportunity to participate in daily crafts, games, art projects, swimming, sports and more.
- Daily rates are $30 for members, $42 for non-members.
For more information about Safe Haven and the Winter Break program, please call the Brunswick Recreation Center at 330-273-8000, option 6.
Help wanted: Soccer league coordinators
Looking for soccer league coordinators for women’s Spring & Fall and men’s Spring & Summer. This is a paid position. The Rec. Center will assist you in getting settled with your duties and responsibilities which include:
- organize and facilitate the captains’ meeting
- advertise for new players
- line up any new players with the captains of the teams that need players
- order T-shirts and soccer balls
- ensure that the fields that the league uses will be available for the session
- make game schedule
- work with referee coordinator and pay refs. via Rec. Center payments
- open park restroom facilities each Saturday morning
If interested please contact any of the following:
Blue Devils basketball for kids is coming to the Rec
Registration is open for two Blue Devils youth basketball programs. The Mini Blue Devils is for grades 1 & 2, and the Blue Devils is for grades 3 through 8. The program is open to both boys and girls and will be coached by Joe Mackey, BHS Boys Varsity Coach, and Halle Lengal, BHS Girls Varsity Coach. Introduce your child to basketball or help develop his or her skills. All checks should be made out to Blue Devils Youth Basketball. For more information, click on Programs > Sports - youth in the menu above.
Safe Haven is hiring!
The Safe Haven After School program is looking for counselors for the 2014-15 school year. Pick up an application at the Recreation Center front desk.
How high can you climb?
Introducing the latest feature at the Rec Center: the AquaClimb rock wall.
Situated over the deep end of the Rec Center pool, the AquaClimb wall is unlike any rock wall you've climbed before. No harness or bungee cord needed -- when you fall, you fall into the water! It's a challenging new experience...for those who dare to try it.
Before you suit up, though, please read the safety and courtesy rules here.
Rec Center hiring
- Lifeguards, WSIs & water exercise instructors: Details.
- Aerobics instructor: Certified Group Exercise instructor needed for Cardio Toning, Cardio Sculpt or Cardio Mix classes. Preferred candidate will have certifications to teach group classes, have instructors insurance and be certified in CPR/AED. Looking for instructors to teach classes weekday mornings and/or Sunday morning/afternoons. All interested candidates please contact Trainermike21@msn.com.
Get notices about The Current, a monthly newsletter detailing upcoming events in the parks and at the Rec Center, delivered right to your e-mail box. We'll provide you with a link to each new issue as soon as it comes out. Simply click on the "Get on The Current" graphic above to get started!