Over the past two years, the Brunswick Community Recreation and Fitness Center has undergone a series of updates and renovations to make your fitness experience more pleasant and fulfilling. Our updated Cybex fitness equipment keeps your workout challenging, while our renovated meetingfacilities offer a relaxing venue for your organization. Rec Center members enjoy all of the amenities of fitness programs, sporting events, swimming, concerts, community events and more.
For more information about our services, you can contact the Rec Center at 330-273-8000.
Photos from Light Up the Lake event
Too cold? Play indoors at the Rec
Does your preschooler get cabin fever when the outdoor temps start to drop? The indoor playground is now open and runs through the end of March.
We provide the equipment, you provide the imagination! Children may bring their own toys but no outdoor bikes, roller skates, crayons or other items that might damage the gym floor.
Parents must remain with their child but with wi-fi in the building the indoor playground is an even better opportunity for parents!
Members get in FREE and non-members pay $3 for the first child and $2 for each additional child.
The indoor playground is every Tuesday and Thursday from 9-11 am. We make half the gym available for children ages 10 mo.- 4 yrs old.
Children are encouraged to socialize, share and just enjoy the pleasure of running around in a wide-open space!
Help wanted: Soccer league coordinators
Looking for soccer league coordinators for women’s Spring & Fall and men’s Spring & Summer. This is a paid position. The Rec. Center will assist you in getting settled with your duties and responsibilities which include:
- organize and facilitate the captains’ meeting
- advertise for new players
- line up any new players with the captains of the teams that need players
- order T-shirts and soccer balls
- ensure that the fields that the league uses will be available for the session
- make game schedule
- work with referee coordinator and pay refs. via Rec. Center payments
- open park restroom facilities each Saturday morning
If interested please contact any of the following:
Blue Devils basketball for kids is coming to the Rec
Registration is open for two Blue Devils youth basketball programs. The Mini Blue Devils is for grades 1 & 2, and the Blue Devils is for grades 3 through 8. The program is open to both boys and girls and will be coached by Joe Mackey, BHS Boys Varsity Coach, and Halle Lengal, BHS Girls Varsity Coach. Introduce your child to basketball or help develop his or her skills. All checks should be made out to Blue Devils Youth Basketball. For more information, click on Programs > Sports - youth in the menu above.
Safe Haven is hiring!
The Safe Haven After School program is looking for counselors for the 2014-15 school year. Pick up an application at the Recreation Center front desk.
Rec Center hiring
- Lifeguards, WSIs & water exercise instructors: Details.
- Aerobics instructor: Certified Group Exercise instructor needed for Cardio Toning, Cardio Sculpt or Cardio Mix classes. Preferred candidate will have certifications to teach group classes, have instructors insurance and be certified in CPR/AED. Looking for instructors to teach classes weekday mornings and/or Sunday morning/afternoons. All interested candidates please contact Trainermike21@msn.com.
Get notices about The Current, a monthly newsletter detailing upcoming events in the parks and at the Rec Center, delivered right to your e-mail box. We'll provide you with a link to each new issue as soon as it comes out. Simply click on the "Get on The Current" graphic above to get started!