Over the past two years, the Brunswick Community Recreation and Fitness Center has undergone a series of updates and renovations to make your fitness experience more pleasant and fulfilling. Our updated Cybex fitness equipment keeps your workout challenging, while our renovated meeting facilities offer a relaxing venue for your organization. Rec Center members enjoy all of the amenities of fitness programs, sporting events, swimming, concerts, community events and more.
For more information about our services, you can contact the Rec Center at 330-273-8000.
Good riddance to winter...and hello to kids' spring and summer sports!
Thank goodness nice weather is on the way, because it means kids can get out and enjoy lacrosse, flag football, basketball and tennis. There's even a Sports Camp (not to be confused with Summer Camp, below) for kids who want to try a little of everything.
And where can you find all of these youth sports? Try clicking Programs in the menu above, select Sports - Youth, and pick your favorite flavor!
Swim class registration opens
Summer fun for kids!
It may still be cold outside, but the Rec Center is getting ready for summer.
Children entering 1st through 6th grades can participate in the Recreation Center's Summer Camp. Each week follows a different fun theme, including dinosaurs, the outdoors, inventions, and a lot more!
Help wanted: Soccer league coordinators
Looking for soccer league coordinators for women’s Spring & Fall and men’s Spring & Summer. This is a paid position. The Rec. Center will assist you in getting settled with your duties and responsibilities which include:
- organize and facilitate the captains’ meeting
- advertise for new players
- line up any new players with the captains of the teams that need players
- order T-shirts and soccer balls
- ensure that the fields that the league uses will be available for the session
- make game schedule
- work with referee coordinator and pay refs. via Rec. Center payments
- open park restroom facilities each Saturday morning
If interested please contact any of the following:
Rec Center hiring
- Lifeguards, WSIs & water exercise instructors: Details.
- Aerobics instructor: Certified Group Exercise instructor needed for Cardio Toning, Cardio Sculpt or Cardio Mix classes. Preferred candidate will have certifications to teach group classes, have instructors insurance and be certified in CPR/AED. Looking for instructors to teach classes weekday mornings and/or Sunday morning/afternoons. All interested candidates please contact Trainermike21@msn.com.
Get notices about The Current, a monthly newsletter detailing upcoming events in the parks and at the Rec Center, delivered right to your e-mail box. We'll provide you with a link to each new issue as soon as it comes out. Simply click on the "Get on The Current" graphic above to get started!