4095 Center Road
Brunswick Ohio 44212
- The supervision and maintenance of records pertaining to the accounting procedures in accordance with all local, state and federal laws
- The compilation of the annual budget and accompanied five-year financial forecast and five-year capital budgets
- Maintaining financial budgetary controls over the appropriations made by City Council
- The custody of all City funds, investments and other property of the City
- The collection of fees, assessments and income tax revenues for which the City is responsible. Please see the County Auditor for information/questions regarding the collection of Property Taxes.
- The investment and deposit of funds as may be provided by City Council
- The payment and management of all City debt
The Finance Department oversees the Accounting Department (which includes payroll, accounts payable, encumbering, accounts receivable, cashiering and all other functions of financial accounting and reporting), the Income Tax Department, and the Refuse and Stormwater Billing Department.
We take a great deal of pride in providing the Residents and Businesses of Brunswick with the highest level of customer service. In striving to continuously provide better service to our Residents and Businesses, please provide any customer service feedback that you may have regarding the Finance Department by clicking the e-mail link at the top of this page.
The Finance Department is extremely proud of the fiscal achievements that we have received over the years. These achievements are the result of terrific working relationships among all city departments lead by Council as well as the City Manager. Here is a listing of achievements earned:
Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting: Presented by the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) of America and Canada in consideration of the City’s 2016 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR). The City has earned this Certificate annually going back to the early 1980s!
Auditor’s Award: This award is given to the City by the State Auditor’s Office. It is awarded based on the City’s commitment to the highest standards of financial reporting and for being responsible stewards of the taxpayers’ dollars. The City is extremely proud that we have received the Auditor’s Award every year since the mid-2000s.
Ohio Statehouse recognition: The City of Brunswick has received special recognition from the General Assembly of the Ohio House of Representatives for earning the Auditor of State Award with Distinction.
The Finance, Income Tax and Refuse Departments are made up of devoted and hardworking individuals who strive to provide the best customer service possible. It is a privilege to work with such a great group and to serve such a great community. No matter what situations may arise, we will continue to use sound financial accounting practices to assure our stakeholders that their investments into our community are accounted for with the highest regard in financial laws and ethics.
Our goal is simple; to provide the Brunswick residents and businesses as well as the general public and all City departments with the best financial assistance and reporting possible. I hope that the information provided in this section of the City’s web site is both helpful and informative. The best public finance policy is transparency and you can expect nothing less. We will also continue to make improvements to the web site.
We look forward to the challenges and are always willing to serve.
Respectfully,Todd R. Fischer