Refuse collection guidelinesRefuse and Storm Water
Refuse and Storm Water
4095 Center Road
Brunswick Ohio 44212
330-558-6825 (billing office)
Collection and billing problems
Guidelines governing the collection of solid waste materials and yard waste from residential properties
- April 1st through October 31st: no earlier than 6:00 pm the day before regularly scheduled pickup day
- November 1st through March 31st: no earlier than 4:00 pm the day before regularly scheduled pickup day
Sod; large vehicle parts (over 35 lb.); rocks or large stones; building and/or demolition materials; explosives or flammables; dirt; orchard spoils; concrete; oil; tires; car batteries; household hazardous waste such as acids, alkaline, antifreeze, bleach, cleaners, polishes, disinfectants, iodine, paint (paint hardened in cans will be picked up); pesticides/herbicides; gasoline; kerosene; gas cylinders; solvents (thinners, turpentine, varnishes, strippers); and fluorescent bulbs. Electronics such as TVs, computers, cell phones, VCRs, DVD and CD players can be placed curbside with your regular collection, but please remove any lithium batteries.
Refrigeration appliances: Federal law prohibits the disposal of Freon into landfills. Freon must be removed by a certified technician (see “Appliance Repair Businesses” in the yellow pages) who will then label the appliance indicating that the Freon material has been removed. Appliances not labeled, as such, will not be picked up by the refuse hauler. (This includes aid conditioners and dehumidifiers.)
Carpet and padding must be cut in 4′ lengths, bundled weighing no more than 50 lbs. (50#).
Furniture should be disassembled as much as possible and placed curbside with your regular collection. It is suggested that you call Republic Waste (the contracted refuse company) at 440-458-5191 and inform them when you are placing large items out for pickup in order for them to have adequate crew members to complete the collection.
- Leaves shall be placed in plastic or biodegradable bags for pickup by our contractor throughout the year.
- Branches must be cut in 4′ lengths and bundled securely with biodegradable twine or rope. Bundles shall not exceed 2′ in diameter for pickup by our contractor and weigh no more than thirty-five pounds (35#).
- Grass clippings: Residents are encouraged to much their grass clippings back into their yard. Clippings provide valuable nutrients to the soil. Grass clippings will be picked up in plastic or biodegradable bags with other yard waste. Maximum weight is 35 lb. for plastic bags.