Community and Economic Development
- Basic city planning activities, including liaison to the Brunswick City Planning Commission
- Brunswick’s annual Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program
- Brunswick Town Center project
- Pearl and Center Road Corridor Plan
- The Updated Comprehensive Plan will provide Brunswick residents with a direction for future growth through the year 2020. A Comprehensive Plan is a vision for a community; the Plan looks to balance development, needed services, and community character to secure a high quality of life for all residents. This Plan will enable the City to have a policy guide and blueprint for future development that illustrates a commitment to the existing quality of life that residents now enjoy. The Plan was adopted by City Council on November 28, 2005, Ordinance No. 130-05. The Plan was prepared by Buffalo, New York consulting firm Peter J. Smith and Company, with assistance from a steering committee of Brunswick residents.
The City of Brunswick, in partnership with the City of Medina, recently received a Community Housing Impact and Preservation Program (CHIP) grant in the amount of $800,000 from the Ohio Development Services Agency. The City of Brunswick’s portion of the grant is $400,000 minus the administrative fee for CT Consultants. The grant provides for basic housing activities in two categories for the City of Brunswick: owner home repair and owner-occupied private rehabilitation. All participants must meet eligibility requirements and be within the income guidelines for the program.
Applications are available by clicking the button below, or you may pick one up at the Division of Building counter at City Hall.
WorkLocal.net lists jobs in Medina County with the ability to search by individual cities.
Community Reinvestment Area
Could you remodel or upgrade your residence and be eligible for tax abatement? The Community Reinvestment Area program offers incentives to make certain improvements (such as additions and enlargements) to your home, and earn a property tax reduction for a fixed number of years.
Read the brochure to find out more!