Parks & Recreation
3637 Center Road
Brunswick Ohio 44212
Parks & Recreation Director
Need to know whether a class or game has been canceled? Call the Rec Center's information line at 330-273-8086.
The Brunswick Recreation Center offers members an opportunity to get fit for the lowest price in the city. Membership includes access to cardio and strength-training fitness areas as well as a pool, gymnasium, indoor track, saunas and whirlpool. The Rec Center also offers a wide variety of fitness classes with great instructors, and members save on aerobics passes, room rentals, party packages and programs. For more information about the Rec Center’s services, call 330-273-8000 to speak with one of our front desk staff, or stop by Monday-Friday, 10 am-2:30 pm for a tour and to see what the Rec Center has to offer you.
Rec Center announces new benefit for some AARP members
Starting January 1, 2020, AARP Medicare Supplement members insured by United Healthcare will become eligible for Renew Active fitness benefits. Contact your insurance company today for more information regarding your eligibility.
Winter Swim Lessons
Sign-up is on December 21 at the Recreation Center.
9-11 am (members)
11 am-1 pm (non-members)
The Rec Center is hiring
- Building Monitors. Call the Rec Center for details.
- Lifeguards, WSIs & water exercise instructors. Call the Rec Center for details.
- Aerobics instructor: Certified Group Exercise instructor needed for Spinning. Preferred candidate will have certifications to teach group classes, have instructors insurance and be certified in CPR/AED. Looking for instructors to teach classes weekday mornings and/or Sunday morning/afternoons. All interested candidates please contact the Rec Center.
Lifeguards are needed for the following shifts:
- early bird (4:45-9:45 am)
- mid-day shift (9:45 am-3:00 pm)
Free lifeguard course. Call for details. Contact Taylor for more information at 330-273-8000, option 7.
Accepting Applications for Counselors
Applications are being accepted for Winter Break Camp, Spring Break Camp, Summer Camp & Safe Haven After School. Applications are available at the Rec Center front desk.
5 am-9 pm
8 am-5 pm
5 am-8:30 pm
8 am-4:30 pm
Pool closes at 4:30 pm.
Front desk closes 30 min. prior to the facility.
Get on The Current mailing list!
The Current keeps you informed about upcoming events in the parks and at the Rec Center. Sign up for notifications, and we’ll e-mail you when each new issue comes out. Simply click on the SUBSCRIBE button below to get started!